Wednesday, September 24, 2008

deep breaths.

things are feeling very.... unsettled. life is changing very quickly, or at least little parts of it, and it's left me anxious, unfocused, irritable and feeling very much off balance.

i'm not a person who adapts well to change. i welcome my weekly routine of work. i love that every wednesday night is 'project runway' night with my friends and that every sunday afternoon is set aside for my weekly grocery shopping trip. i'm perpetually five minutes early to everything and i haven't changed my shampoo brand in years.

ummmm.... can you say 'neurotic?'

i hate to say, 'i can't help it,' because really. i can. there's no excuse. i'm 26. it's time to be a little less rigid, a little more go-with-the-flow.

so... what's the solution? therapy? running? the happylite? another eckhardt tolle book? taking wheat out of my diet?

eh. maybe there aren't any solutions, any answers. perhaps it's just a matter of taking things a day at a time, not getting caught up in the whirlwind, and continuing to breath. deeply. through it all.

No comments: