Monday, June 2, 2008

maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed....

after a fabulous friday night that included a surprise appearance by my long-distance friend, a dozen red balloons, too many cosmopolitans to count, an amazing movie and a night capped off by lots of dancing (and a few slices of pizza), i headed two hours north with my family for a wedding on saturday.

as i sat in the pews waiting for the bride to make her much anticipated appearance down the aisle, i realized that this was the first wedding i'd been to in my entire adult life where i felt completely happy for the happy couple.

i wasn't enviously looking at the bride as she smiled through her happy tears at the groom. i wasn't wishing to be up there in a white dress, or even to have a man by my side. i had my mom, dad and sister on either side of me; i felt nothing but grateful and blessed.

later that night, as my sister and i giggled an
d danced to slow song after slow song amongst all the happy couples, i realized what a happy single i've become. shockingly, i didn't even look twice at any of the men attending the wedding. (however, i did become fast friends with the gay man from L.A. who chatted about celebs and nightclubs with me in between all the dancing.)

i mean, really. who needs a man when you've got a fabulous silk dress, a room full of friends and family, and a dad paying for all the drinks?





No comments: