Thursday, July 23, 2009

a little wedding toast.

to my non-romantic life partner, this is my speech to you, just in case i have a few too many glasses of bubbly at the reception and get too choked up to speak. ;) how to give a wedding toast without sounding too cheesy? well, cheesy is my thing, so bear with me...

we've stood next to each other on many, many days.

there was the first day of sophomore year. i found you in your room, i sat with you and cried with you. a sad moment turned bittersweet in a moment that defined a true friendship for me.

there were the many, many nights we stood next to each other at one party or another, you teaching me your "expert" ways... or just leading me through the taco john's drive-thru on foot at midnight!

there was that "one summer" we spent our days by the pool (margaritas usually in hand) and our nights prowling minneapolis, making it known we were full-swing into "mating season."

there were breakups, makeups, laughter, tears, love and fury. and through it all, i stood beside you.


and now there is this- your wedding day. and while i cherish with all my heart every other day i've stood beside you, there is nothing i cherish more than this. i am so blessed to call you my friend. i am so happy to be beside you while you promise your life and love to the one who will now stand with you forever.

and through it all, i will be there too. and i will love you forever.

happy wedding day, my beautiful angie.

1 comment:

angie said...

lovely my dear, absolutely lovely.

in my brief speech to you and hethie i forgot to say, "sometimes i think, what if we had never met."

:)