Tuesday, May 12, 2009

melodramatic musings.

yet another disappointing breakup under my belt and i'm right where i've been a thousand times before- just me, my cat and a whole lot of thoughts.

i had a conversation with my mother the other day about this most recent breakup. she was disappointed as i'd painted a picture of this one being a "nice guy," which, for her, is the only trait a man need possess to be with me.

and he is a nice guy. there are some things about him (more than this blog lets on) that don't quite work with my personality, but no one would ever deny he's one of the nice guys.

and i've dated nice guys. i've dated not-so-nice guys. i've dated in-between guys and i've even dated four gay guys.


however, just as i told my mother- i'm 26. i don't want to settle for a "nice guy" that isn't it for me if i'm meant to find MY guy at 29. or 32. or 45.

still. optimism ever-present, the process never fails to be a little disheartening.

2 comments:

angie said...

a girl should never settle. if it's not right, it's not right.

kari.jackson said...

amen to that. don't ever settle, brookie.
love ya.