Thursday, September 25, 2008

the bigger picture.

about that whole meltdown/resisting change thing.

last night, though i wanted nothing more than to sit at home and wallow in my resistance, i decided that it might be a good idea to get out and join the three-dimensional world. at least for a little bit. my pseudo-straight friend matt invited me to see a movie with him, so i left my self-pity at home and headed uptown to meet him.

a little early, i casually strolled from my car, enjoying my surroundings. i passed the vintage theater, where a group of enthusiastic and passionate people were holding an obama campaign event. next door, the greasy dive bar, home to my absolute favorite breakfast in the whole world, brimming with patrons. leaves on the ground, cars passing by, people in the midst of conversation and laughter.

so, so lovely.

by the time i met matt at the theater, our movie was sold out. deciding not to part ways, we went to the independent instead and had one of those unexpectedly fabulous and deep conversations over red wine and hummus.

i guess sometimes it does pay to step outside your door and into the bigger picture.

1 comment:

angie said...

oh i love it! i could just picture and hear the uptown vibe. :)

can't wait to experience it next weekend!!